SIU Member Code of Conduct
SIU membership carries benefits and privileges as well as responsibilities. The following is our guidance on member conduct expected of you.
1. Do not take any action which could bring the profession into disrepute.
2. Uphold the law.
3. Have high regard for your client’s and others’ health, security, and well-being.
4. Respect the lawful rights of Third Parties and do not infringe those.
5. Carry out your professional responsibilities with due care, attention, and diligence according to the law.
6. Behave with honesty and integrity.
7. Maintain high standards of professional and personal conduct; this includes online social media communications.
8. Only undertake duties and provide services within your professional competence.
9. Avoid injuring others, their property by the malicious or negligent action or inaction.
10. Reject any unethical inducement.
11. Avoid any situation that may give rise to a conflict of interest with SIU.
12. Do not engage in an improper use of information acquired as a member of the SIU.
13. Avoid engaging in action unbefitting to SIU or likely to bring disrepute upon SIU.
14. Do not disclose any information which is confidential to the SIU or its members.