Sunday, July 21, 2024
HomeSecurityRicky Gervais is set to increase his security after receiving death threats...

Ricky Gervais is set to increase his security after receiving death threats the Sun reports

Ricky Gervais’s team has been ordered a full security review ahead of his UK tour Armageddon starting on Wednesday following death threats for the jokes he made the Sun reported.

The comedian is improving his protection due to criticism of some of his controversial jokes.

Last month at his record-breaking Hollywood Bowl gig in the United States of America, his security provision was enhanced after fearing he could be shot on stage.

The 61-year-old comedian is set to talk about God, Hitler and the ­culture of offence in his upcoming shows in the UK.

An unnamed source said: “Ricky has been made aware threats have been made to his life. His offices haven’t shown them to him, but have told him very disturbing letters have come in for him.

“Ricky is very aware of the dangers and he can afford whatever security he wants, so he thought it was a no-brainer.”

Ricky took twitter and responded to the claims saying “1. Haven’t increased security. 2. My tour started a year ago. 3. Haven’t had any death threats. Apart from that, this story is spot on”. His tweet has been viewed 2.4million times.

Source (The Sun)

RELATED ARTICLES

Stay Connected

34,507FansLike
14,825FollowersFollow
4,767FollowersFollow

Must Read