The Security Industry Authority (SIA) announced that from 6 April 2023 SIA licence fee will be reduced to £184.
The reduction shall apply to both new applicants and those renewing existing licences.
According to the SIA, the reduction has been possible due to various factors such as efficiency and cost savings the SIA has made so far.
The SIA previously reduced the licence fee by £20.
SIA Chief Executive Michelle Russell said:
The licence payers and public rightly expect us to be as efficient and as economic as possible, providing value for money for those we regulate, while delivering on key public safety agendas. We recognise that £6 may feel like a small amount to many, but in the context of the cost-of-living challenges, for some, every pound counts.
This latest reduction brings the licence fee down to less than it was 19 years ago when licensing was first introduced. We remain committed to regulating the private security industry effectively and efficiently keeping the cost to licence holders as low as possible.
The industry welcomes the SIA’s continuous savings policies and reduction of the SIA license fee.
- The SIA regulates the private security industry in the United Kingdom
- The SIA reports to the Home Secretary under the terms of the Private Security Industry Act 2001.
- The SIA’s primary duties are;
- Compulsory licensing of individuals
- Managing the voluntary Approved Contractor Scheme