Tuesday, April 16, 2024
HomePolicingTikTok “detective” investigating Nicola Bulley’s death to sue police after being arrested...

TikTok “detective” investigating Nicola Bulley’s death to sue police after being arrested for “stalking”

A TikTok “detective” is preparing to sue the police for unlawful arrest after he was arrested a second time on 18 June for stalking locals in Wyre, Lancashire where Nicola Bulley went missing.

Curtis Arnold, 34, was arrested before on suspicion of malicious communications offences and perverting the course of justice in connection with the investigation into Ms Bulley as he was thought to have been filming Nicola Bulley’s body being pulled out of a river.

The second arrest comes ahead of the inquest into Ms Bulley’s death on 26 June.

Lancashire Constabulary confirmed they had arrested Arnold again, and had banned him from entering their county as part of his bail conditions.

Arnold said: “I already have a civil case against lancs police for last time unlawful arrest. This is no different. They arrested me to keep me away from the Inquest.”

He posted a video on YouTube complaining about his arrest.

He captioned the clip on his YouTube channel: “My arrest over…Lancashire police prove their point and ban me from Lancashire and…from uploading or speaking about her case”.

In the clip he complains that police put handcuffs on him too tightly, leaving “marks on my hands” and that it was cold when he was arrested and police would not let him put his jacket on.

“’I think everybody knows that there’s no crime been committed here,” he said.

His second arrest came on 18 June after police spotted his car near St Michael’s on Wyre, Lancashire, where missing mother Ms Bulley was found in February.

A police spokesperson said: “The man was held on Wednesday morning with assistance from West Mercia Police and has since been released on bail with conditions.

“Our priority is, and has always been, to support Nicola’s family and the wider community in St Michael’s.

“We hope this arrest provides reassurance that we take concerns seriously and will act on them.”

Nicola Bulley from social media

Nicola Bulley’s disappearance sparked a frenzy of interest from internet sleuths.

Many came to the village where Nicola was last seen, sharing theories that they hoped would crack the case.

Hundreds of people traipsed through the beauty spot, taking photographs to post on social media.

Others broke into buildings and went through residents’ gardens at night in the hope of finding her.

Police had to issue a 48-hour dispersal order to clear the village at one stage during the investigation.

A private security firm offered free security services for the locals at the time.

Detective Superintendent Rebecca Smith said that social media users had been “playing their own private detectives”.

The force asked people not to “take the law into their own hands”.

It has been a controversial investigation in many ways as Lancashire Police had previously been criticised for releasing personal information about Ms Bulley’s health, including her struggles with alcohol and perimenopause, into the public domain during the search for her.

However, the force had been cleared over sharing information after The Information Commissioner’s Office announced it will not be taking any enforcement action against Lancashire Police over its disclosure of Bulley’s personal information.

(Source: LBC)

RELATED ARTICLES

Stay Connected

34,507FansLike
14,825FollowersFollow
4,767FollowersFollow

Must Read